I promised someone a post about the quilts Joey's mom made for the kids, but I cannot for the life of me remember who it was to; such is life these days! Whoever you are, this post is for you! :)
Joey's mom is a much better sewer/quilter than I'll ever be, so kudos to her for making these beautiful quilts for Carson and Keira. If it were up to me, they'd have one scary looking blanket, or no blanket at all, as my sewing skills are sub par at best.
16 years ago

7 comments:
Nice job, Cindy. I beleive there is a quilt retreat in your future, hmmm?
I love the commentary under Carson's pictures!!!:)
Maybe one day I'll learn how to do this...when my kids are grown and gone!:) I make the fleece tie blankets and have saved every corner ever cut out (you have to cut the corners out in order to cut the strips for tying) and I'm wondering if there's a way to quilt fleece squares together. I'm going to try one day!
Yes, the apple print fabrics are scraps from a "spinning dress" I made for Dana. The girls loved to spin and make the dresses flare and when they had nice, wide skirts they were dubbed "spinning dresses".
Also, the star and stripe fabrics were originally purchase to make a twin size quilt for Joey quite a few years ago. I decided he no longer needed a twin quilt so it became the twins quilts (and then some).
Keelie, if you can cut matching squares and sew a straight line then you are well on your way to quilting.
Kristi, my future is crying out for a quilt retreat!!
I can hardly wait to see you all in a couple weeks!!! The twins look so much bigger in all the pictures... :(
Dana - do you mean days or are you going to be gone this weekend?
You crack me up.
Oh, and it was me you promised. :)
Post a Comment